Followers

Sunday, December 29, 2019

BOXY BOXING BOX!


So many things we're sure we know about that we wouldn't realize till later, anytime later, that we'd been wrong all along. Meanwhile we'd bask and glory in the euphoria of our top-notch knowledge available to only the smartest of humans!

Happy Holidays..

It was boxing day few days back, so I'd just wish a happy belated boxing day! So how many people did y'all box, or your guts' been going about failing you? Talk your truth, you get power?

I bet many of you, like me (well, until recently tho), did not know the real meaning and origin of "boxing day" holiday yea?

So I was at this event recently, and the anchor, of couse dutifully discharging his duties for which he was called anchor man, and that very well I must say, by the way the guy had this kind of fineness, the boy just too clean abeg, for face at least, that it was hard to place if it was feminine fine or masculine fine, his very long faux locs (I don't know it was his real nazarene hair, or if it was an attachment) made it even worse to pull off a conclusion, regarding the 'gender' of his fineness of course! Yes, he was doing that thing of engaging the audience in a sleek, rather effortless manner that leaves them unsuspecting that any effort was being put into the act, but in a way still managing to pull the tightness off. My fine honkul was going on about how he was just getting an enlightenment about the true meaning of boxing day....

In very simple terms, Boxing day is actually a day set aside for the unboxing of gift items, you know like the parcel received as a show of love and kindness, overall goodwill, so you see, that's where the term "boxing" comes from. I know right, it completely has little or nothing to do with sports, especially boxing or wrestling in a ring. Over time tho, the holiday has been marked with various significant sports like horse racing, polo, etc. So you could box to mark boxing day but boxing day does not necessarily stand for boxing, nice line right, hehe.

My friend sitted beside me couldn't believe that for all his smartness and wisdom, he wasn't the wiser with this particular piece of info, me I was just consoling him, that you see baa, we plenty for this table, as in we numerous..

Well, thank you fine honkul for this revelation, well-equipped with my novel understanding, I wanted to make a chic, sharp, knowledgeable, intellectual, random, not-much-of-a-deal-because-I'd-always-known boxing day complimentary whatsApp status, and for the life of me, I couldn't find a good boxy emoji, can you imagine? You know, a status that tells that I of course know that boxing day is actually about unboxing gifts or boxes of presents, but for the very life of me, I just could not find a single decent box, not even one! (Bia, whatsApp people, you should be employing current developers oo, emoji developers, hehe, I even know some tight one or two folks I could introduce y'all to).

Don't feel too bad yea? Na meaning of boxing day you no know, you no kee person. And what's more, you sure know now, infact I think celebrations are in order, congratulations comrade, welcome to the club of enlightened folks!
Oh, ok how did I now make my whatsApp post without a decent box gift emoji? you're wondering yea? huh simple thing, very simple thing, mo ya improvise, just used the closest thing I could find abeg, because in this life I cannor coman kee myself oo.

Erm, the funny thing now is that ehn, now that I do know the true meaning of boxing day, it seems like every other person does too, every other person!
Ok bye..

If you want to read more about boxes, check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment